North Texas Harvey Heroes
by Emily Mitchell | September 15, 2017 4:32 pm
The rivalry between Houston and Dallas is always fun, but when disaster strikes, we’re all Texans and we all pull together. No sooner had Jim Cantore taken cover than our North Texas community started south with supplies and much needed helping hands. Though we couldn’t personally thank everyone around for their help, here are some wonderful people that went above and beyond the call of duty to help our friends in the southeast.
- Dr. Matt Artho, owner and practicing dentist at Country Lakes Dental in Argyle, was deployed by the National Guard to help in the effort to rescue victims of Hurricane Harvey. Luckily for us, his activation ended early and he was back to taking care of our community on September 12.
- Ashli Wolf organized a huge donation drive for Liberty Christian School. The lobby was FULL (and if you’ve ever been in the lobby you know how big it is) and Ashli herself, armed with gas cans, drove a delivery truck to Houston with the first delivery. They plan to continue their drive for several weeks as the victims will need help for many months to come.
- Argyle Middle School and Argyle High School joined forces to collect supplies that were promptly delivered by teacher Kimberly McCage. the student council, NJHS and the Challenge Day Club joined forces to deliver a truckload of supplies within the first week after the storm. They are continuing to collect supplies which will also be transported in the coming weeks.
- Lake Dallas Police Officer Sara Deville was deployed (136th Military Police Battalion – Texas Army National Guard ) to assist with search and rescue efforts.
- Pure Synergy Wellness Studio accepted donations and promptly delivered the first truck full of donations to the people of Rockport.
- Paula’s Canine Academy took in dogs in need from displaced owners due to the flooding. They also took in pets for volunteers who were traveling to Houston to help with the hurricane recovery effort free of charge.
Source URL: http://argylelivingmagazine.com/north-texas-harvey-heroes/
Copyright ©2018 Argyle Living unless otherwise noted.